The mandate of the Department of Enterprise Risk Management is to facilitate efficient and effective management of the Bank’s risks and projects and provide assurance on continuity of critical business processes at all times.
The objectives of the Department include the following:
- To facilitate an enabling environment for the identification, assessment and mitigation of bank risks;
- o provide assurance on continued operation of critical business process at all times; and
- To ensure Bank’s projects are efficiently managed and return value to the organization.
The Department consists of three (3) Divisions namely; Risk Management, Business Continuity Management and Project Management.
a) Risk Management Division (RMD)
The functions of the Risk Management Division include the following:
- To develop and implement risk management tools (policies, frameworks and procedures);
- To raise awareness on risk management concepts to all levels of the Bank;
- To guide and direct departments on risk management; and
- To report and proffer advice to Management and the Board of Directors on risk-related issues for decision making.
b) Business Continuity Management (BCM) Division
The functions of the Business Continuity Division include the following:
- To develop and implement business continuity management tools (policies, frameworks, guidelines, models and procedures);
- To hold awareness campaigns on business continuity management concepts to all levels of the Bank;
- To guide and direct departments on BCM;
- To test and provide continuous improvement of the BCP and DR site; and
- To report and proffer advice to the Bank on BCM issues for decision making.
c) Project Management Office (PMO)
The mandate of the Division is to foster project management excellence throughout the Bank and ensure that only projects aligned with strategy are performed, and on time, within budget and acceptable quality levels. This goal is achieved through the development of a world-class best practice capability that will also enable well-planned projects to successfully deliver expected outcomes within budget, on time, and aligned with programme and portfolio goals and objectives.
The functions of the Project Management Division include the following:
- To provide project support services;
- To provide project specialist services;
- To provide project consultancy and advisory services;
- To provide strategic and governance services on project management; and
- To provide guidance, assistance and oversight of CBL portfolio of projects.